Difficulty: fairly difficult
Cost: fairly expensive
Preparation time: 30 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
Fresh Goat cheese log 1 (110 g)
Seaweed leaves 2 (from an Asian food specialist)
Rice 150 g
Sesame seeds 2 teaspoons
Rice vinegar 2 tablespoons
Green wasabi 1 teaspoon
Chives 2 teaspoons
- Place the seaweed leaves on some kitchen paper.
- Place the previously boiled rice on the leaves.
- Peel, deseed and cut the cucumber into 2 slices lengthways, half a centimetre thick. Place it on the rice and add the chives.
- Cut the goat cheese log in half lengthways and cut in half again lengthways.
- Spread the green wasabi over the goat log and place on the rest of the ingredients.
- Carefully roll up the sushi, keeping the goat log intact and press gently into a roll.
- Chill in the refrigerator for ½ hour to rehydrate the seaweed.
- Cut into slices, 2 to 3 cm. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve chilled.
Chef's tip: you can add some avocado.
Wine: white Anjou (well chilled).