Camembert with mushrooms 100 g 2
Flour 350 g
Water 1/2 glass
Salt 1 pinch
Egg yolk 1
Potatoes 300 g
Chopped onion 1
Freshly ground pepper To taste
1. Make the pirozhki pastry by mixing together the flour, salt and egg. Finish by adding the water. The pastry should be smooth but not sticky. Set aside in the refrigerator.
2. Cook the potatoes with their skins on. Peel and mash.
3. Cut the camembert into small cubes.
4. Add the chopped onion and camembert cubes to the mashed potato and season with salt and pepper.
5. Roll out the pastry and using a cutter cut out circles about 8 cm in diameter. In the centre of each circle add a small spoonful of the cheese and potato stuffing, brush egg yolk along half of the circle’s edge, fold over and press down.
6. Boil in water for 4 mins. Until the pirozhki rise to the surface.
7. Drain and serve immediately.
Make a warm creamy sauce with mushrooms or smoked bacon to serve with the pirozhki.